Nonacademic activities that interrupt and distract from academic process will be avoided whenever possible. The principal of each school will be charged with enforcing this regulation.
The following restrictions will apply:
1. Announcements, other than emergency announcements, will be made over the public address system only once a day.
2. Emergency messages will be delivered at the beginning or end of a class period, if possible. Nonemergency telephone and other messages for students will not be delivered.
3. Visits to a classroom will be restricted and will occur only with the approval of the principal and the teacher. [See GKC]
4. Flowers, gifts, and food will not be delivered to students during the school day. Parents may bring food and eat lunch with their child.
5. Selling or solicitation will not be permitted during any class period. Fund raising by school organizations will be conducted before or after school, at lunch, or between classes.