200 N. High Street    Henderson, TX 75652    Phone: 903.655.5000    Fax: 903.657.9271

Welcome to HMS

Hardy Dotson
Principal
Click to Email
Henderson Middle School

Address: 501 Richardson Dr.
Phone: 903.655.5400
Fax: 903.657.6499
 
Keith Collins
Assistant Principal
Click to Email
Holly Perry
Assistant Principal
Click to Email

In early 1949, the total area of the Henderson Independent School District was 16 square miles. Later that same year, Henderson ISD began a consolidation program which brought many of the surrounding areas into the HISD district. The first areas to be consolidated into the Henderson school district were Motley, New Hope, Crim’s Chapel, Grandview, Roquemore, Oakland, Ebenezer, and Bethel. In 1950, the Hickey community was consolidated into Henderson ISD, and in 1951, Pinehill was consolidated, bringing the total area of Henderson ISD to 137.7 square miles. With all of these new areas in the district, new buildings were needed. The campus that now houses Henderson Middle School was completed in 1953 as the new Henderson High School. At the time, “the building was one of the most modern buildings in the area and contained all the latest concepts in education, vocational and athletic facilities for boys and girls. (Bolt).

Henderson Middle School moved to its current location from its previous location on High Street in 1979 when the current High School opened its doors. Jerry Melton was the first principal to serve Henderson Middle School in its current location.

Since the move, several updates and renovations have occurred, including the addition of a sixth grade and science wing in 1997 and the renovation of the gymnasium in 2006.
HabitatHenderson (All Updates)